• Profile photo of xtameembb

      xtameembb posted an update

      2 hours ago

      No, That Wuthering Waves Cyberpunk Crossover Isn’t Canon, Writer Says

      So, I finally jumped into the Wuthering Waves x Cyberpunk: Edgerunners crossover, and honestly? It hit me harder than I expected. You get to run around Night City as Lucy and Rebecca, which is a wild sentence to type in 2026. The whole event is built on the aftermath of the Edgerunners anime, and for fans who are still mourning that finale, it’s a bittersweet experience. I mean, it’s cool to see these characters again, but it also opens old wounds — especially if you were one of those people hoping Lucy and David would somehow get a happy ending.

      And I get it. I really do. When the crossover first dropped, a lot of us started whispering about whether this could be canon. More specifically, there was this one scene — a reunion between Lucy and David — that people hoped was a secret new ending for the characters. Something that would undo the tragedy of Edgerunners. It sounded too good to be true, and, well, it was.

      Bartosz Sztybor Sets the Record Straight

      Edgerunners writer Bartosz Sztybor recently replied to a post claiming that he had canonized Lucy and David’s reunion in Wuthering Waves. His response was short and blunt: ‘Nope,’ he says. ‘Never confirmed that.’

      Ouch. But also, fair enough. Now, some fans are taking that as a half-denial, pointing out that he isn’t exactly unconfirming it either. Maybe it’s not even up to him, considering how many writers have a hand in the Cyberpunk series. That’s a valid point, I suppose. But here’s the thing: we shouldn’t take his posts about the event as confirmation that any of this is canon to the wider Cyberpunk universe. In this instance, it really looks like he’s just appreciating the event for what it is — a fun crossover, not a story that rewrites the main timeline.

      best game deals

      #game